Sarah Griffen-Lotz Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah. I’ve been a UAF student since Fall of last year, and received an AA degree in art from the College of Alameda in Spring of last year. I’m a digital 3D artist, and have done some freelance work in this field. My goal is to earn a BA degree so I can find work at a creative studio as a 3D production artist. Ultimately, my long term career goal is to advance within a company and become an art director. This class interests me because of the way it examines structures within organizations, which I hope to work and eventually manage in one day.

I’m from Alameda, CA, but currently living in Concord, CA with my mother and husband. My mother is also a student in this class, she’s close to graduating. My husband works as a UX designer at a firm in San Francisco. One item on my bucket list is to travel to Paris to see the Louvre Museum.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

5 Comments for “Sarah Griffen-Lotz Introduction”

tpstickel

says:

Your future work as a 3D production artist and possible video game animation sounds like an incredible career. I don’t have an artistic bone in my body. Hahaha. Good to have you from Cali and hope the course helps you in your career.

MartinR

says:

Hi Sarah – Great to share a class again. I love the fact that you’re making a career out of art. It’s such a major part of business and community, yet it it’s sidelined in schools as secondary. Such a disconnect.

Hope you have a great semester!

Sarah Griffen-Lotz

says:

Thank you Martin, it’s good to see you again too. Art is so important, it’s so ingrained in the world that without it, life just wouldn’t be right. Hope you have a good semester too!

bfarnes

says:

Hi Sarah, is there a particular industry that you’re looking at for an art career? I work for one of the larger video game companies here in Washington and we have tons of digital artists in a variety of departments, it seems to be an in-demand thing right now. Two of the longest term employees at the company come from art backgrounds as well, one of our executives started out painting arcade cabinets back in the day, and the head of our design department has been there almost forty years, which is about how long we’ve existed in the United States. They’re both great to chat with, they have amazing stories about the creation of some of our past games and hardware designs.

Sarah Griffen-Lotz

says:

Hi Brian, I’m open to whoever’s hiring honestly. But the video game industry has always been super glamorous to me. I worked on an indie game a couple of years ago that never came out, asset creation in a video game pipeline is absolutely one of my passions. Your coworkers sound awesome to talk to! I’d love to see some of those arcade cabinet designs, what a great start to working in the video games industry.

Leave a Reply