Welcome to our Class Discussion site for Organizational Theory and Behavior, BA F390. This will be the location of our Class Discussions. You can access discussions via the menu bar above, which allows you to access the weekly discussions based on their Module # (M3=Week 3, M5=Week 5, etc.). As we progress further into the semester, new modules will be added.
I know this technology may be new to some of you. I will be patient and I hope you will too as you learn this. Some important reminders for you:
- Every time you access the Class Discussion site, you MUST log in (using your UA Credentials).
- As stated in the syllabus, your initial Class Discussion posts are due by 11:30 PM on Wednesday of each due date week. Responses to at least one of your classmates are due each Saturday at 11:30 PM.
- To post your initial comments, select “Post Comment” at the bottom of the page.
- My intent is to get you to experience different ways of communicating your thoughts or ideas. For that reason, not all Modules will ask for a written response. Some posts require a video, audio, poster or another creative way to get your idea across. Look and plan ahead.
- As you know, for each discussion question, you are required to read and respond to at least one post of your classmates (this is where you can use the reply button under that classmate’s comment). We all value your ideas, feedback and comments. Responding to your classmates allows all students to grow in the material and contribute to the overall community knowledge. As you respond to your classmate’s, consider yourself in a conversation. Using well thought out and articulated ideas/facts, state your opinion or position. Your response should include additional references or text and also needs to solidify your position. Just to say you agree or disagree with your classmate is not good enough.
Here are your tasks this week:
- Always log in first. Use the “Login” link above.
- Click on the Introductions menu above and see your instructor’s welcome.
- Now it’s your turn to post a Introduction Video. Please record a video and upload it to YouTube (or similar video hosting site) then post a link under “Introductions.”
- Here is a great instructional video if you need: screencast (it was done for another class, but instructions are the same). Additional help is located here.
- After going recording your video and getting the share link….
- To post, select the “+ New” and Post.
- Add your shared link to the text area, highlight it and find the “Insert/Edit Link” tool.
- Be sure to “categorize” your video by selecting the “Introduction” box in the categories area on the right.
- Select the “Update” or Publish Button to post it to the web.
- I need to approve initial posts, so it might not show up right away.
- I know that is a lot, but I have confidence that if I can do it, so can you.
- Next, upload a picture of yourself, which will appear in the right sidebar, under “Blog Authors.” We all want to see who we are dialoging with! Instructions for how to upload your picture are here..
If you’re having trouble with any of this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.