Moses

Hi, my name is Michelle Moses and I live in Fairbanks. I was born and raised in Interior Alaska. I earned my B.S. degree in Biology from the University of Portland in Oregon. I was very attracted to a career in medicine but after life happened, I am moving toward an Accounting degree!
I am married and have four kids. I enjoy the outdoors and would like to spend more time out there but am pretty busy with kids, work and now college courses.
My plan is to earn more money to raise my family and live comfortably. I also would like to add quality to my career in the accounting/business field. Just working and paying bills can be pretty discouraging but I’m sure it could be worse. I do love life! I love working with people and look forward to this class!

One thing on my bucket list: take the family on a two week tropical vacation, bonfires on the beach included.

8 Comments for “Moses”

nahong

says:

Hello Michelle, nice to meet you. I also chose to go to school in the hopes to make more money. Right now my husband supports me while I am getting my degree and I would love to be able to contribute and help him. You sound like you have your hands full with 4 children. We do not have children yet but hopefully in the future. I look forward to working with you this semester.

Moses

says:

It would be nice to take one semester off of work to take on a full load in school! Currently, it will take me 6 years or so to complete my accounting degree while working full-time. I believe I have 26 courses to complete since all my core requirements have been met after the credit transfer. I look forward to meeting other students this semester too. It’s very different taking online courses rather than “going to school”.

arbankston

says:

Hi Michelle,

You sound like a busy person! I applaud your ambitious will to obtain a degree that will help you to get a solid career in order to provide for your family. Having a good work ethic is rewarding itself and also being able to provide for your family so that you may live comfortably will also be just as satisfying, I’m sure. I look forward to learning with you and the input you bring to this class.

Moses

says:

Thank you very much. I look forward to meeting other students as well. I wouldn’t mind getting a study group together before mid-term and final exams. I’m finding that I’m actually enjoying going back to school! It was daunting to think of going back until now!

mddilny

says:

Hello Michelle,
Great to see a fellow student enrolled in this course with a science background! Your story seems very similar to mine. I began life as a student as an accounting major and switched to Natural Resources Management. Since I only have two semesters left to finish my NRM degree I am finishing that for now. I would like to eventually work on finishing my accounting degree (more earning potential). Good to meet you!

Moses

says:

Nice to meet you as well! More education wouldn’t hurt. It keeps us open to the world and what it has to offer. And having more choices in the work I can do is a blessing.