Parkerson Week 7

Although goal setting can cause anxiety as mentioned in the reading on page 234 of the book, this anxiety can also lead people to work harder for what they want. We are told all throughout our life that you have to set goals, that you have to reach those goals. To me personally reaching those goals is what got me to where I am today. In high school my goal was to graduate with a 4.0 and with that goal being set I was able to not only accomplish that but I was able to gain more experiences and future job opportunities. The importance of goal setting can be the difference between taking that extra step and just letting things slide that you would not normally if you had those goals set ahead of time. These goals will push people to reach for things that they would normally not have been reached. Goals have personally helped me reach for things I would not normally have. For instance, I am an enlisted member, but my goal is to commission as soon as I get my BA, setting this goal has made me work hard for what I want, has encouraged me to take more classes to knock things out more quickly.